Ecological site group description
- Site does not meet criteria in 1a.
- Root-restrictive layer occurs within 50 cm of the soil surface.
This site occurs on landform positions where soils are shallow to root-restrictive layers. Common examples are escarpments and structural benches. Stream channels with exposed bedrock are excluded from this group, and correlate to the Run-On Group instead.
Soils are shallow (< 20") to a root-restrictive layer such as lithic contact (sandstone, limestone, basalt), paralithic contact (weathered shale), or petrocalcic materials (layers that are cemented by carbonates).
Major Land Resource Area
Canadian River Plains and Valleys
- F070AY020NM–Juniperus monosperma-Pinus edulus/Bouteloua gracilis-Bouteloua curtipendula
- F070AY021NM–Pinus edulus-Juniperus monosperma/Quercus gambleii/Bouteloua curtipendula
- F070AY022NM–Pinus ponderosa-Juniperus scopulorum/Quercus gambleii
- R070AY003NM–Shallow Upland
- R070AY005NM–Shallow Sandstone
- R070AY008NM–Sandstone Breaks
- R070AY009NM–Shale Hills
- R070AY015NM–Shallow Shale
- R070AY019NM–Shallow Savanna